Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Meramec Caverns

On Labor Day this year, we decided to take advantage of a local resource that is often overlooked.  In Stanton, Missouri is Meramec Caverns , Missouri's Buried Treasure.  Hope you enjoy the pics below.

The Main Entrance
Jesse James Photo Opp
An actual distillery found down-stream and transported to the caves.
The Honeymoon Room
Jesse James Hideout
We made sure to bring our jackets.  90 outside, 50 inside.
Soda Straws and stalactite's
The wine bar.  This room was once under water.
Awesome light show.
Infinity Lake
The Theater Curtain
Finale at the Theatre Show
Baby bat by the restroom.
My little moose.
Such a serious bat face.
Our little poser.  She loves to model.
 This was such a trip down memory lane.   I remember going with my family when I was younger.  Wifey has never been.  It was such a nice day.  We took a picnic lunch with us, and ate by the Meramec River, and only about an hour away.  We need to remember this place next summer, because you can rent rafts and canoes, camp sites and other activities.  It would make a great mini vacation spot. 

Sophia has already requested a bat costume.  We shall see what comes from my mind for that one.  I do know that she will be one great posing bat. 

I hope you enjoy.

No comments: